How to use Rosehip Oil
Used for everything from acne to wrinkles and sun damage to scars, rosehip oil seems like the life savior of skin care products. Can this miracle oil really do it all? Let’s find out.
What is Rosehip Oil?
Rosehip oil is extracted from the hip of the rose. What is the hip, you may ask? It’s just a different way of saying the fruit of the rose that is left when the flower of romance has bloomed and wilted away. If you’ve ever kept roses that long, you’ll notice a cute berry-like fruit, which is the hip that rosehip oil is extracted from.
Rosehip Oil Benefits For Skin:
Rosehip oil is an amazing source of an array of vitamins, antioxidants and omega fatty acids. The amount of nutrients it supplies is nearly unbelievable. Once you’ve read the list below, you’ll kick yourself for not using it sooner!
- Vitamin C - anti-aging antioxidant that restores skin pigmentation, protects the skin from the sun, brightens skin and restores skin tone
- Vitamin E - antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that protects the skin from the sun, hydrates the skin and works smoothly with sensitive skin
- Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids - essential fatty acids that work together to regenerate damaged skin tissue, like scars and burns
- Lycopene - an anti-aging antioxidant that also improves skin texture
- Beta-carotene - an anti-aging antioxidant that prevents free radical damage
- Trans-Retinoic Acid - a natural form of vitamin A that promotes skin cell regeneration and is commonly used in the treatment of acne
Rosehip Oil Uses:
With its long list of vitamins, antioxidants and omega fatty acids, surely it won’t be surprising that the uses for rosehip oil run an equivalently long list.
- Preventative anti-aging care
- Sun damage
- Sensitive Skin
How to Use Rosehip Oil:
Just like serums and toners, rosehip oil should always be applied to clean skin. After washing your face, simply apply 2-3 drops of rosehip oil and either rub it in with your hands or a cotton pad. You can also mix it in with your moisturizer and apply it after your toner and serum routine.
Want to take your rosehip oil use even further? Try our Renewal Mask that is made not only with rosehip extract, but also with detoxifying Rhassoul and Kaolin clay.